Monday, March 1, 2010

Monday Marketplace...

I'm a proud member of THE OLD FARMHOUSE GATHERING TEAM ON ETSY... a talented, professional group of artisans who create everything from Primitive to Shabby Chic, with an old fashioned flair!

Each Monday, I will be featuring a different member from this awesome team and introducing you to some of their great products and items.

Today's Monday Market place feature is:
Teresa Miller of ~www.TeresasPrimTreasures.etsy.com~

Please take a minute to read a little bit about Teresa and her wonderful primitives.


1. What is the name of your Etsy shop and why did you choose that name?
My Etsy shop name is Teresa's Prim Treasures. When I first started attending craft shows and needed to apply for a tax ID number I was told your name had to be in your title to avoid filing for a fictious name. I loved "Primitives" and wanted others to "treasure" my creations for years to come. So, putting all 3 of these together I came up with Teresa's Primitive Treasures for my website. When I opened my Etsy shop I shortened it a bit to TeresasPrimTreasures.

2. How long have you been on Etsy?
I joined Etsy in September of 2007 but didn't list anything to sell until 5 months later. So I began selling in March 2008.

3. What type of items do you offer?
My husband makes shelves, cabinets, cupboards and anything wooden I ask him to craft..... most of the time.... and I do the sanding and painting. I also love to paint and sew! You will find all 3 types of work in my shop. I love working with wool and hand stitching!

4. How long have you been crafting?
I started sewing Amish dolls and dressed bunnies back in 1989 for a local gift shop..... so that would make it 20 years! Really hard to believe! I've been so fortunate to be a stay at home mom and craft for that long.

5. Who or What inspires you?
My mother is my greatest inspiration! She has a house full of antiques and ideas for projects. I love looking at old books and surfing the web for interesting patterns!

6. What is your favorite item in your shop and why?
I would say my Tattered Prairie Dolls. I created and named them after my nieces and my first Granddaughter. They have done quite well for me over the years!

7. Other places where you can be found (Ebay, webstore, blog)
You can find my website at
www.teresasprimitivetreasures.com
My Blog at
www.teresasprimtreasures.blogspot.com
My Etsy Shop at
www.teresasprimtreasures.etsy.com


Thanks for joining me again,
Deena Davis
www.EweNmePrintables.com

7 comments:

TeresaM said...

Thank you Deena!!!

Teresa

Barb King of Prairie Harvest Arts said...

Deena, thanks for sharing her work with all of us. Great article.!

Bette said...

Love Teresa's work. Great feature!

Jody said...

Awesome feature!

Valley Primitives Gift Shoppe said...

Great feature Deena! Thanks for all you do for our team :)
Kim

Firecracker Kid said...

Oh yeh, Teresa is an awesome etsy artisan. I love her handmades. Thanks for choosing her Deena, nice feature:) Carol

PriviesAndPrims said...

I love her stuff and I even have one of her prim ornaments from our swap!

blessings,
Doreen
www.PriviesAndPrims.etsy.com