Sunday, August 9, 2009

It's Been A While...

Wow! It's been a long time since I've posted. I guess it's safe to say it's been a busy summer.

My family and I just returned home from a quick trip to the New Jersey shore. While I've been to the ocean many times, I can honestly say I have never gotten tired of seeing it.

This was the first time my kids had ever seen the ocean. They loved it! I think all three of them at one point or another ended up with a mouthful of saltwater due to laughing and smiling when a big wave came in. I, too, was guilty of that.

One of the most fascinating sites for me were the fishing boats. There were several lined up at the docks and one was being unloaded as we watched. I asked how long these guys stay out there fishing and was told roughly about 2 to 3 weeks. Being an Ohio farm girl I found the fact that someone could stay on a boat for 3 weeks at a time unfathomable. I'm sure if the fishermen were forced into my lifestyle it would make them crazy.



School starts here in a couple of weeks and we'll soon be back to the daily grind of getting up early, doing homework, football games and all that other stuff. So for now, I'm not feeling too guilty for enjoying the summer with my family.

Shown below are each one of my three children at the beach. My daughter is almost 12, my oldest son is 8 and my youngest is almost 4. We're definitely blessed and some days we don't even realize it.







Thanks for visiting. I have been adding a few new things to my website, www.EweNmePrintables.com so be sure to stop by and take a peek.

Deena Davis
www.EweNmePrintables.com

1 comment:

Jen xo said...

aww nice family Deena!

nice to have enjoy it while you can. I can sit on the beach and watch the waves come in for hours jenxo