Monday, February 15, 2010

Monday Marketplace...

I'm a proud member of THE OLD FARMHOUSE GATHERING TEAM ON ETSY... a talented, professional group of artisans who create everything from Primitive to Shabby Chic, with an old fashioned flair!

Each Monday, I will be featuring a different member from this awesome team and introducing you to some of their great products and items.

Today's Monday Market place feature is:
Jody Seilheimer of ~www.PrimGal.etsy.com~

Please take a minute to read a little bit about Jody and her awesome painted items.


1. What is the name of your Etsy shop and why did you choose that name? My shop is named Primgals Primitive Palette. I chose the name as it best represented what I do. I love to paint primitive items for the home, for everyday use and holidays.
 2. How long have you been on Etsy? I have been on Etsy since January of 2008
 3. What type of items do you offer? I am very eclectic. I love to paint on found items at thrift stores, tag sales etc. I also purchase some of my surfaces, such as the switch plates, and soaps.
 4. How long have you been crafting? I have crafted all my life, starting at the age of 8 when I took my first ceramic class. I have had a love of painting ever since.
 5. Who or What inspires you? Colonial or Primitive art of any kind. I love to see homes that are decorated in this style. I have some very favorite artists also such as Terrye French, Donna Atkins, and John Sliney.
 6. What is your favorite item in your shop and why? I just love my soaps! They are unique, as I go through a five step process to make them appear as old as they look. it is always such fun to come up with new and different designs for them. Plus they are affordable, and I love being able to produce an item that everyone can afford to add to their home decor.
 7. Other places where you can be found (Ebay, webstore, blog) I am primarily on Etsy but I do have a shop on Artfire, and occasionally I have a few items on Ebay.

5 comments:

Jody said...

Thanks so much for such a great feature Deena! What a nice surprise this morning...you have a great day gal!

Barb King of Prairie Harvest Arts said...

Beautiful things. Really enjoy seeing them...Thanks for sharing!

Firecracker Kid said...

Jody looves to paint on soaps and does it so nicely. Great featured artist Deena:) Hugs~Carol

Valley Primitives Gift Shoppe said...

Great feature Deena! Thanks for all you do to support our team!!
Kim

I Play Outside The Box said...

Nice feature...Jody is a great artist!!