Thursday, June 5, 2008

Zine? What is it? Have You made one?

A good friend of mine asked me a question the other day. She said "What is a Zine?". Well at first I was clueless, but yet intrigued. So what else do you do when you're in that situation - but turn to Google?? This is what I found...

Wikipedia says:
A zine (an abbreviation of the word fanzine, or magazine; pronounced [ziːn], "zeen") is most commonly a small circulation, non-commercial publication of original or appropriated texts and images. More broadly, the term encompasses any self-published work of minority interest usually reproduced via photocopier on a variety of colored paper stock.

A popular definition includes that circulation must be 5,000 or less and the intention of the publication is not primarily to raise a profit.


With further "googling" I found this awesome video tutorial. Watch how slick he folds this thing up - sooo cool.



So anyway, I'm now captivated and want to make my own. Just admit it, you do too, dontcha? ;-)

If you've made one, I'd really love to see it, so PLEASE, post a comment and share.

Thanks for visiting!
Deena Davis
www.EweNmePrintables.com

No comments: